Brunel Composites Centre (BCC), set up in September 2016.
BCC is the second Innovation Centre to be established by Brunel University London. The Centre will create a shared research and technology capability specialising in novel composites processing and joining technologies applied to industrial environments.
BCC will develop innovative methods for composites processing/joining across Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs) 1-6. This underpins TWI’s work across TRLs 4-6. Partnership with TWI gives the Centre the opportunity to work together with TWI Industrial Members.
The Centre will develop a financially sustainable research facility, drawing on existing strengths at Brunel University London to complement and underpin applied research and development activities at TWI.
- Create solutions for better processing and joining of composites
- De-risk innovation in composites for quick industrial adoption
- Establish a world leading reputation in composites and joining
- Microwave heating in composites production
- Joining of composites without mechanical fastening
- Adhesive bonding
- Coatings for composites
- Composites-metal joints
- Novel processing of composites
- Interface phenomena at composite surfaces