Brunel Composites Centre (BCC), set up in September 2016.
BCC is the second Innovation Centre to be established by Brunel University London. The centre creates shared research and technology capabilities, specialising in novel composites processing and joining technologies applied to industrial environments.
BCC develops innovative methods for composites processing/joining across Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs) 1-6. This underpins TWI’s work across TRLs 4-6. Partnership with TWI gives the Centre the opportunity to work together with TWI Industrial Members.
The Centre has developed a financially sustainable research facility, drawing on existing strengths at Brunel University London to complement and underpin applied research and development activities at TWI.
- Create solutions for better processing and joining of composites
- De-risk innovation in composites for quick industrial adoption
- Establish a world-leading reputation in composites and joining
- Microwave heating in composites production
- Joining of composites without mechanical fastening
- Adhesive bonding
- Coatings for composites
- Composites-metal joints
- Novel processing of composites
- Interface phenomena at composite surfaces