Brunel University London’s Brunel Innovation Centre (BIC), established in 2009.
BIC has been awarded £30 million in funding: £15 million from across UK and wider European platforms (including the European Commission’s Horizon 2020), and £15 million from HEFCE towards NSIRC aligned with Brunel University London’s role as lead academic partner in the initiative. Since start-up, the BIC has grown to more than 30 staff.
BIC is a world class research and technology centre that sits between the knowledge base and industry offering high quality research in an innovative environment focused on non-destructive testing, condition and structural health monitoring, power ultrasonics and allied technologies covering a range of materials, sensors, electronics and software systems and supporting partners in industry to transfer academic research into industrial application.
BIC pursues initiatives that span national and international platforms including Innovate UK, EPSRC and EC. The Centre has been building a strong portfolio of projects in line with its multinational interdisciplinary vision.
- Encourage the research and technology facility’s continued growth
- Undertake joint research programmes
- Secure research funding from external sponsors
- State-of-the-art power ultrasonic systems for inspection and cleaning
- Smart non-destructive testing
- Condition and structural health monitoring
- Advanced signal and image processing algorithms including machine learning
- Numerical modelling and fluid structure interaction
- Novel and robust sensing for harsh environment (e.g high temp transducers up to 600°C)
- Digital twin technology
- IoT and data analytics
For further information please visit the Brunel Innovation Centre website