London South Bank Innovation Centre (LSBIC), established in August 2015.
LSBIC focuses on developing mobile robots that provide access to very large and vertical safety-critical structures that may be located in hazardous environments, and on the deployment of a range of non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques.
LSBIC has a mission to create a centre of excellence for automated NDT, building a critical mass and providing a pipeline to industry for the adoption of innovative inspection technologies.
The Centre will develop intelligent automated NDT to improve the quality and probability of defect detection, and autonomous robot deployment systems that can perform NDT with minimal intervention by human operators.
- Carry out research with industrial focus and impact
- Translate technologies for adoption by industry
- Develop patents and publish papers
- Build a critical mass to address long-term innovation challenges
- Autonomous and intelligent inspection
- Mobile robots
- Commercialisation of mobile robots
- Fundamental research in robotics and automation
- Robotic non-destructive testing systems
For further information please visit the London South Bank Innovation Centre website.